Well I have to say that I have been enjoying my job. I work at the Lander ITS department and the people are awesome. They're all a lot of fun. My job consists of making copies, organizing and really any other odd jobs that I'm needed for. Today is actually EXPO day, so a group of incoming freshmen will be milling about the computer commons. It's kind of funny that they have no idea I'm back here.

In other news, I had to make a run back to Columbia this weekend. Tibolt had an appointment on Monday to get neutered. He had a panic attack in the car on the way there, so I had to stop in Saluda, calm  him down then continue on the drive. We made it there without any more incidents. I spent most of the weekend being very lazy and doing practically nothing of importance. Then on Sunday night, I recalled that I have a stats test due by midnight on Tuesday. So I started studying again and took the last picture of Tibolt before he got fixed.

We left the house a little before 7 a.m. and I got him checked in at the SPCA about 7:30. He was so scared, the lady asked if I wanted to spend an extra $6 for extra pain medication. I agreed since I would be driving him back to Greenwood that night.

With him gone, I turned my attention to what I would be doing that day. I did some studying, went shopping with my parents, laid around the house, played with my dog, etc. Then I got a phone call that I could pick up the kitten at 3. So I went to my neighbors to gather newspaper (Tibolt has to use newspaper for his litter box for the next week), packed the truck, said goodbye to my parents and went to get my kit'. He was rather loopy for the drive home. It was quite funny. He was so dazed that he didn't mind being in the cage. When we got back, I pulled him out, cleaned him up a little bit, fed him, asked my roommate to watch him for a minute while I ran to the store to get a couple things and then proceeded to clean the cage. He didn't mind me cleaning the cage, he simply minded when I put him back in it. Then he cried every time he realized I was in the room, which was sadly often. I couldn't leave him out though. Making it through the night, I realized that I would be late for work, sent them an e-mail about that, then proceeded to take care of the kitten for the day, before sticking him back in the cage and leaving. And so, I have been here making copies for people and working on stats while waiting on said copies.

Leave a Reply.


    I am a Sophomore at Lander who has friends all over the world. I am also a Chemistry major, Secretary of the American Chemical Society, a Presidential Ambassador and an honors student. There is always something to do and it just doesn't leave me enough time to talk to everyone that I want to.


    August 2012
    July 2012
    June 2012